20 Reasons To Move To New Zealand If You’re Pissed Off At The Brexit
Last Updated on November 10, 2019 by Anita Hendrieka
I have seen A LOT of people annoyed on my Facebook newsfeed at the latest news that Britain is leaving the EU (Brexit). So, if you’re seriously pissed off and just feel like packing your bags then make sure you bring a pair of jandals (flip flops), stubbies (very short shorts) and finally your sense of humor and make your way to New Zealand! We are not all bad down here and here are 20 reasons why…
- Our views are pretty epic. No matter which island you discover you will only be an hour from the beach and have some of the best views you may have seen it your lifetime!
- Our weather can be extreme but we do have a wicked summer (unlike some). You have to experience an iconic Kiwi summer for yourself.
- Our beaches are mostly empty. No more fighting for a spot in the sand. Here in New Zealand, our beaches are quiet!
- There’s plenty of animals (that don’t kill you) to keep you amused. Our national bird is called the Kiwi and ironically it is round and furry like the fruit.
- ‘Cheers’ and ’Bro’ are a part of our daily language. If your not comfortable with that then just ‘Sweet’ and ‘Cuz’ are perfectly acceptable too.
- We won’t judge if you wear shorts and gumboots at the same time. You can pretty much pair gumboots (Wellies) with anything around here.
- We are pretty relaxed people. We hate conflict so we usually avoid it by using a sarcastic joke or calling them ‘Bro’.
- We have a national day where you have to drink a crate of beer and wear a ‘singlet’ (a vest top). Don’t ask.
- We are home to the clearest lake in the world. You do have to hike for 2 days to see it but it’s well worth it!
- Our sunsets and sunrises are the best you will ever see. Especially if you travel to the Wairarapa region!
- Mince and cheese pies are perfectly okay for a breakfast meal. Maybe not for the sake of your health but for your hangover, yes.
- Road trips are the best way to travel around New Zealand because there are so many little spots to stop off at. Also, you must only play Six60 (NZ band) the whole way, it’s compulsory in New Zealand.
- Your money nearly doubles when you come here. That’s if you hurry up and buy a plane ticket out of there!
- We have the best nature walks and hikes. It’s the best way to explore the hidden treasures New Zealand offers!
- The colours in New Zealand are pretty choice too. From bright blues to beautiful greens your photographs have never looked better!
- We smile at each other on public transport. Meaning no more awkward tube rides for you!
- We have a native bird that steals people’s stuff for a living. They usually have their eye on people’s windscreen wipers so look out for the infamous Kea!
- 95% of New Zealand is actually animals, the other 5% is people. The population of our whole country is smaller than the population of London alone!
- We make some of the top wines in the entire world! Look it up if you don’t believe me. The best part is that you can go taste these top wines where they are made and it’s usually only $5 to taste, sometimes even free!
- We welcome you with open arms, good food and usually a sarcastic joke. So, if you’re fed up with the current situation we will happily welcome you to Aotearoa – the land of the long white cloud.
Now all you have to do is pack your bags, we would love to have you. I guess I will be seeing you down at the local pub soon then!
Like this article? Share it with your friends and pin it for later!