5 Big Advantages of Pinterest Marketing for Business
Last Updated on January 2, 2024
This site contains affiliate links for products and services we recommend. Read my disclaimer for more information. If you make a purchase through these links, at no extra cost to you, I will earn a small commission (for which I am very grateful).
Pinterest is a powerful discovery platform that enables businesses to reach out to their target audience more effectively.
And one of the biggest advantages of Pinterest is that it can create awareness, build relationships, and drive conversions. With over 300 million users, it is one of the most important tools for marketers.
P.S. More of an audio listener? Check out my podcast episode on this topic below!
We will discuss the five major advantages of Pinterest marketing for businesses.
We’ll also look at the steps you need to take to set up a successful Pinterest marketing campaign and the best practices for making the most of the platform.
Table of Contents
What Is Pinterest Good For?
Pinterest is a unique visual search engine that enables users to discover, save, and share content.
It is a great platform for businesses to showcase their products and services and reach potential customers. The are many, but we will give you the five hot ones!
Unlike other social media platforms, Pinterest is organized into “boards” where users can follow other users’ boards and save images and videos.
These boards can be public or private and can be used to promote products and services, increase brand awareness, and engage with customers.
One of the benefits of Pinterest for business is that it allows users to search for specific topics and uses an algorithm to recommend related content to users.
This makes it an effective tool for businesses to target their content to the right audience.
📹 FREE PINTEREST MASTERCLASS: Get my proven step-by-step formula to passively attract new client enquires and course sales using Pinterest, all in under 3 hours per month.
1. Low Effort But High Reward
One of the biggest advantages of Pinterest marketing for businesses is that it requires little effort to get started.
All you need to do is create an account, set up a few boards, and start pinning relevant content.
The great thing about Pinterest is that it is highly visual, so you don’t need to spend much time creating content.
You can easily repurpose content from other sites, such as blog posts, images, and videos. This makes it easy to get started and saves you time and money.
Another great advantage is that it will remain visible indefinitely once you start pinning content. So, you don’t need to put in much effort to maintain your presence on the platform.
In my course Passive Profit with Pinterest, I teach you my proven Pinterest strategy which only takes 3 hours per month.
2. Lead Generation On Autopilot
The advantages of Pinterest will greatly benefit you because this is a great tool for generating leads for your business.
The platform’s visual nature makes it easy to showcase your products and services and allows you to target potential customers based on their interests.
You can also use Pinterest to drive traffic to your website or other online properties.
You can create pins that link to your website or specific landing pages, and you can track the performance of these pins to optimise your campaigns.
Pinterest makes it easy to generate leads on autopilot and nurture them into customers.
3. Content That Lasts Forever
Unlike social media platforms, one of the many advantages of Pinterest is its long shelf life.
The content you post will remain visible indefinitely, so you don’t need to worry about disappearing after a few days like on other platforms.
This means that your content will continue to generate leads even if you don’t try to promote it.
This makes Pinterest a great tool for businesses that want to generate leads and drive conversions over the long term.
4. Grow Your Email List
Pinterest is a great tool for growing your email list. In fact, it’s one of the biggest Pinterest benefits for businesses that you can create pins that link to specific landing pages.
You can then use these pages to collect email addresses and other information from potential customers. You can also use Pinterest ads to reach a larger audience and generate more leads.
These ads can target specific users based on their interests, allowing you to build an email list quickly and effectively.
P.S. Want to dive deeper? Check out my podcast episode on this topic below!
5. Get In Front Of People Who Buy
One of the greatest advantages of Pinterest marketing is that it allows you to reach out to people who are more likely to buy.
The platform’s algorithm recommends content to users based on their interests, making it easy to target potential customers more likely to purchase your products or services.
You can also target Pinterest users based on location, age, gender, and other demographic information.
This makes reaching out to the right people and getting your content in front of potential customers easy.
Steps To Set Up A Successful Pinterest Marketing Campaign
To make the most of Pinterest marketing for your business, you must create a successful campaign. Here’s what you need to do:
- Create an account – The first step is to create a business account on Pinterest. You can use the same username, profile image, and content as your social media accounts to create a consistent brand presence however you will want to use keywords within your profile name and description.
- Optimise your profile – Make sure that your profile is optimised for search engine optimization (SEO). Use keywords in your profile bio and descriptions, and include links to your website, blog, and other online properties.
- Create boards – Create boards relevant to your business and add content. You can use the boards to showcase your products and services and to promote content from other sites.
- Create converting content – Start publishing consistent content on the platform that is high-quality and urges your ideal client to take action on that bit of content.
👉FREE PINTEREST ROADMAP: Learn the 6 steps to get your business on Pinterest up and running, so that you can make more sales, grow your email list and get traffic to your website passively!
Pinterest Analytics and Metrics
Once you’ve set up your Pinterest marketing campaign, it’s important to track the performance of your pins.
Fortunately, one of the biggest Pinterest benefits is that Pinterest provides analytics and metrics that allow you to track the performance of your pins and optimise your campaigns.
This is one of the big advantages of Pinterest over other platforms as the analytics are built in and very comprehensive.
The metrics include the number of impressions, the number of repins, the number of clicks, and the number of followers.
You can use these metrics to track your pins’ performance and identify what content resonates with your audience.
I also use Tailwind as well as Google Analytics for more advanced analytics.
Tools for Pinterest Marketing
Several tools can make your Pinterest marketing efforts more effective.
These tools allow you to automate your content creation and promotion, and they provide analytics and insights that can help you optimise your campaigns.
Use Canva Pro to create incredible Pinterest content with little to no effort required.
They have lots of free templates although make sure you make an effort to customize and do some research as to what does well in your industry.
Pinterest Analytics helps you to learn more about your target audience. This new tool displays your audience’s demographics and mutual interests, allowing you to engage with them more strategically.
Several merchants have even stated that Pinterest traffic and referral data allow them to better forecast impending demand for various products, enhancing efficiency and lowering losses.
Some other popular tools for Pinterest marketing include Tailwind and Buffer which are scheduling platforms. My favourite is Tailwind!
Sign up with Tailwind with a $30 credit now and start to schedule content ASAP.
These tools allow you to automate content creation and promotion, providing analytics and insights that can help you optimise your campaigns.
👀 MINI-COURSE: See behind-the-scenes of my Pinterest workflow & get my complete organisation system that you can copy & paste within your own systems and processes.
Best Practices For Pinterest Marketing
To make the most of Pinterest marketing for your business, it’s important to follow best practices. Here are some tips to get you started:
- Focus on quality – Quality is more important than quantity on Pinterest, so ensure you create high-quality content that resonates with your target audience.
- Optimise your pins – Use keywords in your pin titles and descriptions, and include links to your website to drive more traffic. Get your hands on the Pinterest Keyword Vault, where we have over 7000 Pinterest keywords covering hundreds of niches.
- Pin regularly – Make sure to pin content regularly to keep your followers engaged and ensure your content is visible to a larger audience.
- Audit your pins regularly– Always be looking at what is working and what’s not so you can lean into the content that is relevant for your audience with a Pinterest audit.
Accelerate your results with Pinterest Ads
Pinterest offers a powerful advertising platform allowing businesses to reach a larger audience and generate more leads. Here’s how to get started with Pinterest Ads:
- Create an ad – The first step is to create an ad on Pinterest. You can use the same username and profile image as your other social media accounts and create an ad in just a few minutes.
- Set your budget for your ad campaign and decide how much you want to spend. You can start with a small budget and increase it as you get more comfortable with the platform.
- Target your audience – Target your ads to specific users based on their interests, location, age, gender, and other demographic information. This will ensure that your ads reach the right people.
- Monitor your performance – Monitor the performance of your ads to optimise your campaigns. You can use the analytics and metrics provided by Pinterest to track the performance of your ads and make adjustments accordingly.
📌JOIN US: When you’re ready to start scaling your online business using Pinterest, join us inside of Passive Profit with Pinterest.
More than 470 million individuals use Pinterest to share and explore, and with the average user spending more than 14 minutes on each visit, it’s apparent that this audience is also engaged.
Depending on your target demographic’s features, Pinterest may be an ideal platform for your brand.
Businesses frequently ignore Pinterest’s marketing potential for increasing sales and spreading the word about their brand, but the advantages of Pinterest are quite clear. You can become visible 24/7.
Pinterest allows you to reach out to potential clients with whom you might not otherwise interact. The above are a few ways Pinterest might help you market your business.
Frequently Asked Questions
A Pinterest marketing strategy is a strategy for using Pinterest to help expand your audience and draw in more clients or customers to your business.
Pinterest is an incredibly powerful tool for marketing your business. The platform has a huge reach of over 450 million users. Additionally, Pinterest itself provides excellent analytics to help you improve your reach, and therefore your business.
Other articles you will love:
- What a Pinterest Coach Can do for Your Business
- How To Become A Pinterest Manager
- How To Find The Best Pinterest Trends To Create On
Love this post? Pin it for later!