Booking a Holiday Online From Australia is Easy with Traveloka
Booking a holiday online can be a daunting task, especially if you have never done it before. But, it’s not as scary as it seems. I have been booking my own holidays for years now, and I prefer it over someone else doing it for me as I have full control, but not only that, it’s always a lot cheaper! I would much prefer saving my money so I can have more great experiences rather than paying someone to book my holiday for me and giving all extra pennies to them!
One of the most recommended companies for booking a holiday online from Australia is Traveloka, They have been in the business for years and are a trustworthy website that provides you with all the information you need, as well as being an easy to use platform for any traveller. They are a leading company which are an expert in South-east Asia, a region where Australians love the most! That means they will be able to give you a wide range of airlines, hotels and experiences for that region. Therefore, you should look at Traveloka when booking a holiday online.
The perks of booking a holiday online with Traveloka
Traveloka brings flights, accommodation, airport transfers and experiences all into one platform. There’s no need to hop from website to website and book everything separately.
How to book a holiday online easily
Here’s how you can book your holiday with Traveloka step by step!
1. Pick your destination
As an Australian, you have the option to easily visit some of the most beautiful spots in and around South-east Asia.
Bali: Bali is a haven for Australians as its incredibly affordable to get to as well as it’s a beautiful destination. Whether you chill out in the rice paddies in Ubud or decide to go surfing in one of the coastal towns throughout Bali, there’s something for everyone.
Bangkok: The beating heart of Thailand. It’s a city buzzing with bars, great food and things to do. Make sure you gaze at the Grand Palace and eat your way around Bangkok by trying all the street food!
Singapore: Singapore is not only the ultimate place for a stopover but for a holiday too! It’s incredibly easy to get to from Australia and again, very affordable as the airport is a major hub for international flights. Within Singapore make sure you eat your way around the city, check out the gardens by the bay and go shopping at the quirky Haji Lane!
Kuala Lumpur: Kuala Lumpur may be one of the biggest cities in the world but it’s one that has incorporated nature within. There’s a lot of great things to do here and elsewhere in Malaysia so Kuala Lumpur provides a great stepping stone for other destinations within the country. While you’re in Kuala Lumpur make sure you the KL Forest Eco park as well take a trip to Batu Caves, one of the most visited attractions near the city.
Traveloka offers lots of other destinations, just type where you are leaving from and where you want to go into the search bar.
2. Pick and understanding your flight options
Now that you’re certain on the destination when you search you will see a bunch of available flights with different times, prices and transfers. It’s now time to pick your ideal flight. Traveloka makes it easy to read and understand, which I love. Some websites can extremely confuse you when you get to this stage.
Traveloka will also show you little symbols for what’s included on your flights.
If your flight has a transfer it will show a yellow light so you can easily see which flights are direct or not!
3. Add airport transfers if needed
When you have picked your flights and are ready to finalize everything you can also choose to get an airport transfer. Just put in the time that you would like picked up as well as the destination and Traveloka will organise it for you.
Now all the details are finalized all you must do is pay. Traveloka is a secure website so you don’t have to worry about paying online. They also have 24/7 customer service so if you do get stuck or have any sort of problem, they are available!
Pros and cons to booking with Traveloka
- You can easily book everything (flights, hotels, experiences and transfers) with just Traveloka.
- 24/7 customer service ready to help you at any time!
- A multiflight option is available. If you want to visit multiple destinations, you can easily insert them all and pick your flights for each!
- When signing up as a member you will get exclusive member-only prices
- The option to re-schedule a flight if something changes (unless you have picked a non-refundable flight)
- Free mobile app so you can look for flights on the go!
- Easy and simple to use platform
- You can set a flight price alert so you will get notified when the flight you are looking at change’s prices.
- You can also easily save anything you’re looking at and add it to your saved list.
- I found only two disadvantages with Traveloka and that was when I compared Traveloka with Skyscanner, some of the flights that were available on Skyscanner weren’t available on Traveloka. For example, there were some Jetstar flights that I was not seeing on Traveloka.
- The prices were usually the same or a little cheaper on Traveloka but a couple of the tests I did showed that Skyscanner was cheaper. However, I think this is due to some flights not being available that were cheaper on Skyscanner.
Traveloka, is it worth it?
Absolutely. It’s a fast-growing platform which is comparable to the likes of Skycanner. I get frustrated with Skyscanner because it’s only a comparable platform and not a booking platform like Traveloka so from now on when I search for flights, it will be a lot easier to book through them than Skyscanner.
I also love the fact that their customer care is just one click away and available 24/7. Recently I had a trip from New Zealand to Albania and I could not get hold of the booking platform (Bravofly) to ask questions or add luggage.
Tell me below if you have booked through Traveloka before and your experiences with doing so. If you haven’t make sure you try it out. It’s a heck of a lot easier than you think!
Other articles you will love:
- 5 Reasons To Pick SafetyWing Travel Insurance
- 100 Travel Quotes – Inspiring the Journey
- 193 Incredible Travel Books – Counting Countries
- 10 Best Places to Visit in Tasmania, Australia
- 33 Best Things to do in Bangkok (Thailand)
Love this article? Pin it for later!